Homeschooling is awesome, but it can get very expensive! How do you give your kids the best possible education without breaking the bank?
We have five quick tips to help your family save money on homeschool curriculum purchases.
1. Buy only what you need – It’s tempting to buy, buy, buy when you’re looking at different websites and catalogs. There’s so much out there to learn, and so many wonderful curriculums to choose from. One small bit of advice: You’ll never be able to get it all in! You’re going to have to reduce and eliminate everything that doesn’t line up to your family’s mission. To make this process easier, first write your family’s mission statement, then use these planning pages to give yourself a laser focus on what you’re ordering.
2. Take inventory of what you already have on hand before ordering anything – Once you’ve figured out what you need, look through the supplies you already have on hand. Make sure you’re not ordering doubles of workbooks or teacher guides. This is especially important if you have multiple children and are re-doing a curriculum.
3. Start purchasing by looking for second-hand materials – Look in Facebook groups or at curriculum sales for second-hand copies of the books you know you need for the new school year. Most of the time, earlier editions are fine and have had simple additions or corrections. Simply Google the name of your book or curriculum for advice on using older editions.
4. Shop at homeschool conventions to get discounts – If there’s a homeschool convention coming to your area soon, check the vendor list for the vendors you need. If you’re looking to purchase a curriculum from a vendor that will be there, wait and purchase at the convention. Most vendors will offer 10% – 20% off the price of their products, or will offer bonuses and free shipping. If you’re not able to make it to a convention, call and ask the company if you can have their convention discount. Some companies may be willing to work with you.
5. Combine with other homeschool families to get a group discount – There are several places where you can work with other homeschool families to get group discounts. The most notable one is the Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op. Buying co-ops are especially useful if you’re using a big name curriculum. The process is a little different than making a simple purchase. You’ll see the prices that depend on the number of orders. You will also have the chance to decide what price you’re willing to pay for the materials.
I love sharing deals and opportunities I come across for homeschool families. That’s why I’m sharing this Build Your Bundle sale with you!
Affiliate links are included in this post.
I’m working hard to bring you the best options for creating a fantastic school year for you and your kiddos. This week is the annual Build Your Bundle Curriculum and Homeschool Helps sale, and you don’t want to miss it!
My favorite part of the Build Your Bundle sale is the opportunity to create my own discounted bundle of products I really want to try!
I’m going to create one $25 bundle of products:
This year, I’m choosing –
– Adventures Interactive Manatee Unit Study – We’re going to Florida and San Juan and my kiddos love learning about aquatic animals.
– 50 Word Roots Every Child Should Know Before High School – My oldest is going to start practicing the PSAT this year (Ack!) and any vocabulary help is a good add to our routine.
– Let’s All Get Along – Bible Study for Siblings – We are hitting a stage where everyone has their own opinions, and we need some work on kind communication skills. 😛
– Using Family Vision Boards to Strengthen Family Culture – We are working on several BIG goals as our family, and I want to learn more about this concept!
– Renaissance Artists Study Pack – While in D.C., our stop at the art museum went from the planned one hour to four hours because the kids were so interested in the art. I’m going to add deeper art study this year, as I know they will enjoy it now.
The best part? I’m getting $65 worth of products for only $25! Click here to build your own $25 bundle!
I’m also going to create one $39 bundle of products for this school year:
For this bundle, I’m choosing:
– Behavior & Social Skills Mega Bundle – I have two munchkins who need some help with their social skills. I’m really looking forward to checking this pack out!
– Digital Homeschool Convention 2017 Video Files – As most of you know, I love homeschool conventions! I’m going to enjoy curling up with a mug of hot chocolate and watching this convention from home.
– 2017 Lifeschooling Conference Digital Videos – A homeschool friend of mine was one of the main organizers for this convention, but I wasn’t able to attend. I’m excited to have the chance to watch it all from home now!
– College Prep Writing Curriculum: Write to Achieve! – This writing curriculum looks very helpful for my oldest. I’m planning to broaden our current writing curriculum with this one.
– Motivate Your Child Action Plan – This product looks really interesting, and I would never have found it without this sale. I’m going to check it out, as we have some motivation issues to work on in our home.
My savings on this one? $366 of products for $39!! Click here to build your own $39 bundle!
Even better? When you build two bundles, you can automatically build another one….for free!
That means I can go and build another $25 bundle with some unit studies and vocabulary packs for free!
That’s around $500 of homeschool products for only $64. Yippee!
I’m also getting only the products that I need, nothing extra or a waste of money!!
Make sure you shop now to get your discounts! The Build Your Bundle sale ends on Monday, May 14th at 8PM!
By the way, I’m also a Sale contributor. You can find the Ultimate Homeschool Convention Planner and Journal in the sale!
Each year, hundreds of homeschool curriculum designers band together to bring you the greatest sale of the year. The Build Your Bundle Sale is designed to give you the best curriculum for your school at steep discounts. Check out our choices for this year’s sale!
Join our FREE newsletter!
Join the This Crazy Homeschool Life blog family to get updates, free printables, and more!